Monday, October 19, 2009

Lunch at Silo Today

Lately, it seems like we haven't been eating at home anymore, but instead always eat out. No difference there today, when we were having lunch at Silo Today.

It's a small lunchroom, situated in - you guessed it - an old silo. It used to be called something like 'the Cereal Silo' and housed a restaurant. Apparently the restaurant wasn't doing great business. Nowadays, it houses several (startup?) companies and also this lunchroom.

N got there before me, and from listening to other people's conversations, she could extract that this was a lunch spot for employees from companies nearby. When I got there, I noticed the majority of the guests were female, somewhere between 30 and 50 years of age. The menu seemed to have been adapted to that crowd, mainly listing rolls and salads.

No matter, I ordered one tall glas of hot chocolate. Okay, it wasn't that hot, but it tasted good. Additionally, the glass had a print that said "per l'uomo" (for the man) and a big male sign underneath that. Apparently, men don't get here very often and special hot chocolate glasses are used to stress that fact. Or something like that. Whatever, I'm just blabbering.

N had a club sandwich (without the cheese, because of her lactose intolerance) and some freshly pressed orange juice. I got to sample a piece of the sandwich and it was good, it had some nice mayonaise on it. Nowhere near as much of a quantity as at Puur! (see previous post), but it sufficed.

For myself, I chose the sourdough bread with bacon and old goat's cheese. It was plain and simple, tasted well and only cost 3,95. Quantity-wise, it wasn't that much (again, I thought, adapted to a woman's appetite) but since I wasn't too hungry anyway I didn't care about that.

All in all I think it's a nice place to have lunch, not too big and not too crowded. Situated at the edge of the city's centre, I think it's good for the city to have gained an extra lunch spot.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment, it was a really female day, the day you were at Silo Today. I've also got men's days! I don't know how it comes, ask the visitors. Next time try a salade! Greatings José

    ReplyDelete