Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Burger King Deal

This just in! Today I sampled BK's King Deal. A deal fit for a king. Or actually, fit for a pauper. Since it costs so little. It's great! Here's the deal: A cheeseburger with mini fries and mini drink for only 1,95, with a double cheeseburger version setting you back at 2,95.

I know I should post something on the Groningen test-taste event first, but since my name seems intrically linked with the BK, I just had to put this on first. Also, someone stated the infamous words "pics or it didn't happen". To which I had to oblige of course.

Now, for a little review: I must say I have actually never had a cheeseburger from the BK before. That's right, I never had a BK cheeseburger before. Because, why choose anything smaller than a Whopper? So, today was my first time.
Going by the rules of Pendleton, let's first mention the good things: I realized once again how much more I prefer the BK fries over the McD fries. They've got a crunchier crust, tastier insides... it's just perfect! I accidentally happened to have gotten one curly fry in the bag of fries also, which allowed for a comparison: curly fries have been seasoned additionally and are even better tasting. Another good point: regular Coca-Cola. No Pepsi like at KFC's.
Now for some negative points (things that can be improved): I actually didn't like the cheeseburger that much. It was kind of sticky. It didn't seem to have some onions. That, however, basically pretty much sums up the negative points.

All in all, this sure isn't a bad deal. Let's finish with a little story on why I went to the BK:
I actually had in mind to go to the McDonald's, to get a hamburger (1,-) and a yoghurt (1,-). Since I wanted to take the car for a little drive, I went to the McD's at the other side of town. However, they had blocked their own McDrive for whatever (unintelligible) reason. So, I went back home. On the way back, I passed the railway station, the only site that has a BK. I thought: for 2,- (for a Mc hamburger and yoghurt) I could also get a whole meal, going for a King Deal! Of course, once inside the restaurant, I couldn't resist going for a double cheeseburger, adding an extra euro to the final price. Also, they didn't have the King Deals displayed on any of the menu boards anymore -- no matter, I just stepped up like the pauper that I am and asked whether they were still available. And they were! How great did this day turn out to be.

And that's why I'm still a happy Kurger.

No comments:

Post a Comment