Wednesday, October 7, 2009

KFC Bucket Design Contest

For whatever reason, KFC in the Netherlands has set up a bucket design contest. What a unique chance to combine two of my favorites: Kentucky Fried Chicken and designing! I didn't make something special, but in my perception something better than the crap that has already been submitted :-)

On more technical design details: the design template was a mere .png at just 200 pixels/inch (199,974 pixels/inch to be precise). Downloadable logo imagery was also offered just as .png. All in all, it doesn't quite reek of professionalism. I hope a 200 px/" image will scale up adequately, if it's to be printed in real-life size on the buckets (which is part of the first prize -- your design printed on buckets). Perhaps you'll just need a lower resolution for these kind of things.

Check out the full design at http://www.eetteam.org/images/KFC-bucket.jpg.

2 comments:

  1. Thanx! However, they haven't included it in their submitted designs section. Either their Flash form doesn't work (I hate sites made up entirely in Flash) or I'm performing some copyright infringement or something. Now how do I ever get to win my weekend to Paris? :(

    ReplyDelete