Monday, June 22, 2009

Ciabatta Grande Salsa

What better way to start a blog which is anagrammically named after a well-known hamburger fast food chain, than with a review of one such burger?

Today, I tried the Ciabatta Grande Salsa - a McDonald's special burger, temporarily available in McDonald's restaurants in Holland. Like its name implies, there's a special ciabatta-like bun, encasing a nice big (grande) patty of meat, topped with a slice of cheddar cheese, tomato slices, lettuce diced onions and two sauces: salsa (duh) and some white sauce which I couldn't quite figure out (...nooo... not that, you perverts).


The last two times I ordered something at McDonald's, I took the Big Mac. I was a little disappointed, because it had so much sweet stuff on it, you couldn't actually taste any meat anymore. So, now I felt like ordering a burger that had a little more meaty taste.

The Ciabatta Grande Salsa complied with that. The patty delivered a nice punch of meat and the rest was, well, bareable. I was a little afraid before ordering, that the ciabatta bun would have a hard crust. Fortunately, it didn't, making the burger easier to eat. Of course it was some kind of blasphemy to call it a genuine ciabatta bun, but at least it was shaped like it and its flavour hinted somewhat at what you'd expect a ciabatta bun to hint at. There was too much sauce in my opinion, but the addition of tomato made it all in all a nice burger with a recognizable McDonald's flavour to it.

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I found it disgusting. Dunno why

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any burgers at Mac's you like at all? Or more of a BK person? :)

    ReplyDelete