Monday, June 22, 2009

Pigs in the blanket


Recently, I found out about Serious Eats, or more specifically their Photograzing section. It's a great way to spend your pastime with food related items.

One of these photo's linked to My Kitchen Snippets' Pig In The Blanket recipe. They looked great, so I wanted to make them too, having recently bought some frozen hotdogs at Ikea. Not wanting to spend that much time on making dough (I tend to hate making dough in general anyway) I decided to use some ready-made puff pastry from the freezer.


I thawed the hotdogs in the microwave, and let the puff pastry thaw by themselves (it usually takes a mere 5 minutes).

I put one hotdog diagonally on a square puff pastry sheet and cut off two of its angles. I attached these cutoffs to the diagonal sides.

Next, I made 5 cuts on each side.

Then, I braided them.

I brushed them with egg wash and baked them for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 225oC (473oF). They came out not as nice as the ones from My Kitchen Snippets, but N liked them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment