Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quinoa

Now there's a first time for everything. Today was my first time to sample some quinoa. N is still sick, so I decided to make some just for myself. I used beef stock to cook it in, and added some red bell pepper and feta cheese to spice it up. On the side a lamb burger to go with it.

It was a disappointment.

I read about it being compared to couscous or rice. I don't even like rice, but I know I'd pick rice over quinoa now. Maybe I didn't get the cooking method right, but the quinoa was still too tough. I also made the mistake of using one cube of beef stock (originally intended to be used with 1/2 L of water) on 200 mL of water to cook the quinoa in, resulting in way too salty stuff. I let it simmer for a quarter, with the lid on the pan just like I ought to.

The lamb burger was nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment