Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pancakes without milk

About a few weeks ago I discovered I might be intolerant for lactose. This is a big problem, because I LOVE cheese and dairy products. Fortunately Kurger loves cooking and he is always trying to make new things, so this no-usage-of -milk-thing was just another challenge.

Yesterday I really wanted to eat pancakes. But since they are made of flour, eggs and lots of milk, I had to think of something else to make it with. Kurger told me to add soy milk instead of cow milk. Since soy milk has the tendency to fall apart when heated, I thought that it wouldn't work at all. But because I had no other option, I tried it.

And what happened? It worked! The pancakes turned out a bit sweeter than normal, but they were great anyway. Loved them! (and Kurger as well, which is a surprise, because he usually doesn't like my cooking at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment