Friday, July 17, 2009

Burger King Transformers Sixpack

Today was that most glorious of days. Apparently, there's a new Transformer's movie out there. In honour of that event, the Dutch Burger King restaurants serve a limited period only special Transformers burger. Or, should I say, six burgers?

A sixpack is offered for 4,25 (a meal setting you back at 5,95). They're six mini-burgers, all joined together by their buns. Half of them are covered in cheese, an onion ring and some red sauce; the other half are covered in one or two jalapeno slices and more of that red sauce.

The fastfood-connaisseurs we pretend ourselves to be, A and me agreed to sample some today. Because of time constraints, we had agreed to meet at 11:45 AM. I only woke up at 11:00, so I skipped breakfast and had these things for breakfast.

First, I ordered the sixpack and a separate coke to go with it. Turned out, at 6,20 that cost more than a meal. So I changed my order to a meal.

Having these for breakfast turned out to be a bad idea. I now know I shouldn't have fastfood for breakfast, or anything with jalapenos in it, for that matter.

The pack measures 17x11,5 cm or 6,5"x4,5". The buns aren't separated, but can be easily broken off.

However, it turned out, a single patty covered two buns. One of them the onion ring part, the other the jalapeno part.

Even though we are usually capable of stowing away EAM (Endless Amounts of Meat), we humiliatingly had to admit being quite stuffed after eating just two. Just two! Like, we're only worthy of a Happy Meal nowadays.

So, while A still pondered on whether to eat another set of burgers, I decided to play tough and just eat more. Bad idea. Having finished the third burger, my stomach was protesting already. But I just had to finish the fourth one. For those of you who have seen the Monty Python move "The Meaning of Life" and recognize that scene where a very fat man eats everything that's available from the menu, and eventually explodes - well, that's what I was afraid of, would happen. And they were just a measly four little burgers!


Of course, A couldn't stay behind. In the end, we both took the remaining two little burgers and fries with us home. The placemat covering the tray had a picture of a cutout-crown on it, which, the printing said, was meant for the Whopper. But, because the sixpack had beaten us, I crowned it.

We are not worthy, I guess.

Now, while typing this, I get a craving for the remains of the burger and the fries. Let's see whether I can still explode...

2 comments:

  1. Wat eet jij wel niet allemaal? Mien got nog an tou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alles is geoorloofd in tijden van oorlog en sixpacks.

    ReplyDelete