Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pumpkin soup (2)

Today I (N.) made pumpkin soup. And as Kurgerbing mentioned before, I am the queen of pumpkin soup (wow, that sounds horrible). I used 2 little pumpkins (I made a jack-o'-lantern out of one of them, because it will be the 11th of november this week. In Holland we celebrate Sint Martin's day, on which children will come by the houses to ask for candy. On this day lots of the houses are illuminated and ours will be by the jack-o'-lantern).

Besides the 2 pumpkins I used 2 pieces of garlic, 5 potatoes, a vegetable bouillon cube and 1 litre of water. And - a friend of mine told me that this is the piece of resistance (translated by wikipedia :-)) - above that all I added two shallots. This friend (B.) told me she once read that masterchefs use them all the time. I think they smell bad, but taste quite good.

Of course the soup tasted great and looked wonderfully yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment