Saturday, August 15, 2009

Plum Tarte Tatin

Today we went to M. en A. to fix their computer. They have a big plum tree and because they had about 4 kilos of plums and A. doesn't like plums at all, we took 2 kilos home with us. And because we had 2 kilos of plums I desided to try and make a lactose free plum tarte tatin.


First I cut the plums in half and removed the stones.

I made a bit of karamel, which didn't work out at all at first. Somehow, the butter (made of soy) and sugar turned into a thick paste. So I started over and the second time it did turn out quite good. I baked the plums in the karamel and after a few minutes they turned into some kind of marmelade :) (not quite sure if it is supposed to look like this :))


I poored this "soup" in a mould and I made a dough to cover it with. It had been in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celcius.

After this it turned out to be soup after all... But I hope it will taste good anyway...

1 comment:

  1. It's a great idea so keep working on the "soupy" aspect and I think you will have something! GREG

    ReplyDelete